Least Resistance Equals Least Opportunities
March 1, 2010 Leave a comment
The most profitable opportunities in life are usually found on the roads less traveled. In this case I’m talking about the roads of Perseverance, Patience, Persistence, Preparation, Problem-Solving, and Pioneering.
Many people coast on the road of life expending the minimal amount of effort but expecting exponential results. It’s your choice to invest a minimum effort. Just don’t expect a maximum reward for it.
Mediocrity is easy. Greatness is hard. Here’s a few examples…
- A great marriage requires hard work. Laziness in marriage will get you left alone.
- A successful small business requires working harder and longer than many typical jobs. It also requires taking risks that many people are unwilling to take, even when they are completely dissatisfied with their jobs.
- A top notch student realizes the true value of education comes from reading more than what was on the professor’s syllabus. Learning doesn’t come from the test but from the process of preparing and studying for the test.
- Professionals who are considered the best at their craft (sports, music, acting, etc.) do more than the minimum. They go beyond what amateurs do; they push themselves to get better even when their coach or teacher is not around. There is no off-season for an all-pro!
- The best paid employees are not the ones who only do the minimum of what their boss asks and then waits for a paycheck. They ask the boss for how much more they can do that will allow them to demonstrate their competence, develop their skills, and build their reputation.
I do believe in working smarter versus working harder, but working smarter still requires time and effort to strategize ways to increase your results while reducing or streamlining your labor.
If you are satisfied with the status quo in your life, then don’t push past the boundaries of convenience and complacency. However, if you want to have an adventurous life of interest and intrigue, do what others won’t do now, so you can do what others can’t do later!
Paul Wilson, Jr.
Dare to dream again in 2010!
Register for the Dream B.I.G in 3D Live Experience! on April 17, 2010… For more details please visit www.PaulWilsonJr.com