Leadership Insights – Day 3
May 10, 2006 Leave a comment
Friday, May 5th, I attended John Maxwell’s Maximum Impact simulcast. It was an incredible event with some great speakers on leadership. Each day this week I will highlight two different speakers and some of their most memorable statements. Hopefully their insights will inspire and encourage you just as they did for me. Enjoy!
General Leo Brooks, Vice Director of Army Staff
- Innovation is being able to use the tools that you have in ways that they were never intended to be used and getting effective results.
- A good organization learns continually and shares broadly.
Mark Sanborn, author of The Fred Factor
- Leaders always increase “ROI”, Relationships, Outcomes, and Improvements (Ideas).
- Leadership begins with self-mastery, which consists of competence, character, and connection.
- Focus on MVPs: Most valuable and profitable activities.
- IQ = Implementation Quotient: leaders are evaluated on results not intentions.
Ask yourself how these insights apply to your daily activities. If you want to have a great business, you need to be a strong leader. How focused are you on strengthening your leadership skills?