Leadership Insights – Day 4
May 11, 2006 Leave a comment
Friday, May 5th, I attended John Maxwell’s Maximum Impact simulcast. It was an incredible event with some great speakers on leadership. Each day this week I will highlight two different speakers and some of their most memorable statements. Hopefully their insights will inspire and encourage you just as they did for me. Enjoy!
Peyton Manning, All-Pro QB of Indianapolis Colts
- The goals we achieve are directly proportional to how far we’re willing to reach.
If you don’t stretch you can’t grow; if you don’t grow others will pass you by.
- Winners look for stepping stones not stumbling blocks.
- Are you here to massage history or to make history?
Tim Sanders, author of The Likability Factor
- Likability = personal capacity to consistently produce positive emotional experiences in other people.
- Effective leaders figure out a way to connect with people’ passions.
- Be obsessed with keeping promises.
- Long after your team remembers what you did and what you said, they remember how you made them feel.
Ask yourself how these insights apply to your daily activities. If you want to have a great business, you need to be a strong leader. How focused are you on strengthening your leadership skills?