Leadership Insights – Day 5
May 12, 2006 Leave a comment
Friday, May 5th, I attended John Maxwell’s Maximum Impact simulcast. It was an incredible event with some great speakers on leadership. Each day this week I will highlight two different speakers and some of their most memorable statements. Hopefully their insights will inspire and encourage you just as they did for me. Enjoy!
Kathy Ireland, entrepreneur, author, and former supermodel
- Every dream needs a leader and every leader needs a dream.
- If someone says “no,” ask “why.” If someone says “yes,” ask “how.”
- Leadership is bringing opportunities to situations of challenge.
- Winning and losing are both habits.
She also had one of the best quotes of the day: “Whatever you have to give up to fulfill your passion is not a sacrifice, but a bold investment.”
J.C. Watts, former Oklahoma Congressman
- Anybody can be good once in a while. The magic is being good everyday.
- Effective leaders listen to hear versus listening to respond.
- The quality of a person’s life is directly proportional to their commitment to excellence.
- A leader without convictions is a leader who will fail.
Ask yourself how these insights apply to your daily activities. If you want to have a great business, you need to be a strong leader. How focused are you on strengthening your leadership skills?