March 23, 2010 Leave a comment
As a leader I often hear people say that you need to have “laser focus” in order to accomplish anything significant. But other than needing to really concentrate your efforts on your objective, what else does “laser focus” mean?
Here are five practical tips for keeping L.A.S.E.R. focus on your vision, so you can accomplish the incredible dream God has put in your heart…
- Lock in on your core idea: Keep your passion pointed in a precise and positive direction. It’s easy to get distracted by the peripheral bells and whistles of your vision. Always remember why you’re doing what you’re doing. Don’t get preoccupied by what’s enticing yet not essential.
- Activate your imagination everyday: Sometimes it can be easy to become uninspired when we get stuck in the often less-than-glamorous daily routines of living out our vision. Do something everyday to keep your creative juices flowing so they don’t get stagnant and you don’t get stale.
- Stimulate others with your vision: If you can do it all by yourself it’s too small. B.I.G. dreams get heavy. Attract a good team of people to help you carry it.
- Eliminate doubt and doubters: Fear feeds futility, but faith fuels fabulous outcomes. Stay connected to God and with people who see the vision and can help keep your faith fueled.
- REST your body and mind regularly: Many days it doesn’t look like any progress is being made toward your vision. And if you’re not careful “dream fatigue” – stress – can set in when you are inordinately obsessed with trying to make it happen on your own (see Dangers of “Idol Dreams”). Periodically take time to relax, refresh, and renew. It’s a long journey. Remember huge skyscrapers are not built overnight, and neither are big visions.
Your vision is precious. Keeping the right kind of focus on it will allow you to achieve it in the right way with the right people at the right time.
What do you think about these points? How do you keep “laser focus” on your vision?
Paul Wilson, Jr.
Dare to dream again in 2010!
Register for the Dream B.I.G in 3D Live Workshop! on April 17, 2010… For more details please visit www.PaulWilsonJr.com