February 1, 2011 1 Comment
Last week I wrote a post “7 Great Ideas for Your Church to Economically Empower Your Congregation and Community” The key thing to remember about all these ideas is that the pastor doesn’t have to do them all or lead every effort. It’s time to strategically engage the businesspeople and professionals in your church who would be more than happy to share their expertise with their fellow church members and the community.
Here are 6 more ideas…
- Conduct job search/career development workshops facilitated by HR experts from the church
- Connect with multiple churches to host a job fair
- Develop a listing of members with their trade/skill and publish a directory
- Generate revenue for a career services program by selling ads to the business owners (see #3)
- Faith-based business workshops
- Invite speakers from local jobs-related programs
What has your church done to help to economically empower your congregation and community?
If you weren’t aware 3hrive Marketplace Ministry provides these types of services for churches. 3hrive Marketplace Ministry equips Christian catalysts to find and fulfill their calling in the marketplace as an employee or entrepreneur, using practical tools built on biblical principles. We work with individuals, churches, and community groups to facilitate workshops and programs that inspire and equip people to activate their gifts, find their niche, and build God’s Kingdom through business and community-based ventures. Learn more at www.3hrive.com. Contact me today to learn more about how 3hrive can help your congregation and community thrive in the workplace.
Are you aware that up to 97% of Christians surveyed disclose that they don’t hear sermons or messages that specifically connect their work life to their spiritual life? Are you one of them? If so, Dream B.I.G. in 3D will be the missing link for you to activate your gifts, find your niche, and fulfill God’s calling for you in the workplace.